Iowa Practice Opportunities: About the Office
The Office of Iowa Practice Opportunities serves as a free resource to any community, student, practitioner, or alumni.
The Iowa Practice Opportunities Office:
- Maintains an internet-accessible database listing practice opportunities within the state of Iowa
- Hosts an annual practice fair allowing students and graduates to meet with community representatives and practicing dentists who have practice opportunities
- Sponsors presentations for dental students providing information on available resources and highlighting the advantage of practicing in Iowa
- Offers assistance to communities and dentists in the development of approaches to promote their opportunities
- Facilitates communication between students and those offering practice opportunities
- Works with the Iowa community Chambers of Commerce, the Iowa Department of Economic Development, the Iowa Department of Public Health, Delta Dental of Iowa, the Iowa Dental Association, and The University of Iowa Dental Alumni Association members to identify communities seeking dentists
An advisory committee which consists of representatives from the Iowa Department of Public Health, Delta Dental of Iowa, the Iowa Dental Association, and the College of Dentistry & Dental Clinics meets semi-annually to strategically discuss activities of the Office.